8 PHILLIPA WEEKS STREET, Watson
Great Location close to Mt Majura Nature Reserve with Two Off-Street Car Parks
Jan Ladmore is proud to offer this versatile home in the friendly neighbourhood of Watson. This is an opportunity to purchase a well-designed home that is located just on the edge of Canberra. A quick commute to work, schools, shops and entertainment, this home is in a great location.
With the Mount Majura Nature Reserve just a moment away, then every day the opportunity is there……….always ready for you to enjoy the outdoors. So on the weekend or once you arrive home from work and maybe feel like some fresh air and space, then you can escape to the bush that is waiting for you just one minute away at the foot of Mount Majura nature reserve with its endless walking/riding tracks, native trees, birds and wildlife. The location of this home provides close access to all the attributes and benefits of the reserve along with the convenience of quick access to the city.
The owners have carefully planned the front garden to give maximum privacy to the front door entrance by way of a well-established bottlebrush native shrub. So you can have the front door open for fresh air without allowing anyone to see into your home.
Something we can all appreciate and what I see as a fairly unique feature of this particular home is that the owners have also designed the front yard to accommodate two off-street car parking areas. And……… until you actually experience having to park in the street night after night, you will realize the value that this adds to your lifestyle and to the attraction of this particular property.
Also, in having the extra off-street parking for your cars, it allows more versatility and options for the use of the lockable car garage. At the moment, the owners are using the garage as a well-equipped workshop/hobby room. The internal access makes it workable to use as a rumpus room, an extra bedroom, a media room, or whatever your needs are for extra space, then it can be found here.
At first entry to the home, you actually have a entrance hall and unlike many other plans, you are not walking straight into a living area, which gives your family some added privacy.
The open plan kitchen, dining and living area look out over the backyard entertaining area creating a feeling of extra space. Outside, the owners have built a merbau deck area for the alfresco dining and it is great for entertaining all year round. A small outdoor fireplace is used in winter, and in summer the shade of the beer hops plants and the misting system helps you to stay cool and make the most of the long evenings. The well thought out and very private backyard has a large raised garden bed containing fertile soil perfect for all vegetables with the established vegetable garden being great for the cooking enthusiast.
Off the hallway is the main bedroom. It has mirrored robes, ceiling fan and ceramic panel heater. The bathroom is central in the home and has a separate toilet. The laundry is off the garage with a separating wall, making it its own room.
The owners had really thought about the layout for setting up a well-equipped workshop in the garage, the work benches and shelving are cut & shaped around the internal walls allowing for plenty of storage. Around the walls are extra double 10 amp power outlets, and a double 15 amp circuit for welding or other higher current equipment. There is plenty of lighting for a bright garage to work in and a Ceramic panel heater to stay warm while working in winter. Bicycle hooks from the ceiling to hang 2 bikes.
If you have a little dog then you will love this place as it has lockable dog doors through from the back yard through the laundry door and another dog door from laundry to house. This means the house is warmer in winter as it can be kept closed but a small dog has free reign for its comfort in both summer and winter.
The community hall and playground area is for the owners to use, so you could relax and enjoy having your family over for a BBQ, the kids can play in the park or the hall can be booked for a function.
Features of this home:
· [endif]-->Two Bedrooms, central bathroom, large living area with extra living outside, two off-street parking spaces, single garage/workshop/rumpus/ hobby room
· [endif]-->Very workable & practical kitchen to utilize the space to make it functional
· [endif]-->2 pantry spaces for plenty of storage.
· [endif]-->Bosch German built dishwasher.
· [endif]-->Extra lights over the kitchen benchtop.
· [endif]-->Microwave in pantry to give more bench space.
· [endif]-->Extra power sockets in kitchen to run hand appliances
· [endif]-->Ceiling fan and ceramic panel heater in the main bedroom
· [endif]-->Bathroom has automatic off on the exhaust fan to evacuate the steam.
· [endif]-->Back yard has a merbau deck that has is used as an extra room to the house
· [endif]-->Landscaped and very private backyard with large raised garden bed
· [endif]-->Back yard is European style with vegetables.
· [endif]-->Established trees front and back yard. Front yard has a nice range of native trees and shrubs.
· [endif]-->Lockable dog doors
· [endif]-->Internal Access to garage
· [endif]-->Well-equipped workshop garage
· [endif]-->Locking sliding windows, dead lock front door, double locking garage door and locking and bolt on rear door.
· [endif]-->Space down the side of the house to hang a ladder, garden tools and a small wood pile for the outside fire.
· [endif]-->Roof ventilation spinner fitted to keep the ceiling space fresh & cooler in summer/ dry in winter.
· [endif]-->Evacuated glass tube solar hot water system, with electric assist tank.
· [endif]-->2 generous parking spaces behind the letterbox line. Extra wide, with granite 90mm cobble stones.
· [endif]-->Low Maintenance Living
· [endif]-->Quiet safe neighbourhood
· [endif]-->The Community hall, BBQ, park and children playground is at the end of the street.
· [endif]-->Close access to the Majura Nature Reserve
· [endif]-->Easy highway access to Sydney and Melbourne from the Federal and Barton highways
· [endif]-->Good local shops at Watson, with Chemist, GP, Post office, Supermarket, Café, Hair dresser. Scout hall, and kindergartens and primary schools in walking distance.
· [endif]-->NBN high speed fibre to the home
· [endif]-->5 minute walk to the bus stop
· [endif]-->10 minute walk to the Farmers Markets at Exhibition park
· [endif]-->15 minute walk to the tram stop into the city
· [endif]-->20 minute cycle into Canberra centre
· [endif]-->1 minute walk to the nature trails of Mount Majura, Clancy’s Walking Trail [if !supportLists]-->
Agents Comment: The owners of this home have maximised the use of every bit of space and in doing so, have created the home to feel more spacious and comfortable. The home has been well maintained and is ready to move into and start enjoying all the attributes of this great neighbourhood. If you are after a first home to buy, an investment opportunity (very rentable), a place to retire to or just a very convenient home close to the city without all the noise, then this is the place for you to consider and I welcome you to contact me as I can show you at any time that suits your schedule so please do not hesitate to contact me.